Reopening the Church
In-Person Services: Regarding Gathering again as a Community of Believers...
The staff of Covenant Generations Church has been closely monitoring public and private sources of information associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Because we are conducting constitutionally protected activities of freedom to assemble and worship, we have prayerfully decided to resume church services while practicing physical distancing.
As of the weekend of May 31st, Covenant Generations Church will resume in-person live services under the following guidelines:
• Our Sunday morning 10:00 am service will be a FAMILY SERVICE. Children/Youth are to remain with their families during the course of the service.
• We will continue to live stream on the Covenant Generations Facebook page and on Live Stream. There is no shame if you feel most comfortable at home watching online.
• We will observe social distancing.
• If you choose to attend the physical service, you are responsible for your own health and accept the risk of being exposed to any number of illnesses.
• If you have any concerns about your health or risk, please attend our online services!
• No children’s ministry provided until further notice.
• Youth services will resume at a later date TBD
• Parents of teens may attend the Live Stream service while their teen(s) are in youth service.
• Our Wednesday Mid-week in-person services will resume at a later date TBD
• We will not have any other ministries open or meeting except the main services. Our Children, Men and Women services will reopen at a later date to be determined. All will be encouraged to attend services with their families.
Please read the following new policies we are implementing as we reopen. This is in accordance with Phase 1 of the White House guidelines, Arizona Attorney General, Mark Brnovich’s official opinion for churches posted on April 30th, 2020, and Arizona Governor Ducey’s Guidance for Places of Worship:
• If you are in a high-risk category, we ask that you continue to attend our online services at this time.
• If you have any sickness or fever, we ask that you do not come to any live service and instead attend our online services. Please do so until at least 7 days pass after your symptoms go away.
• We will not be taking temperatures of people attending. Please make good decisions about whether you should attend or not. We all are responsible for our own health and need to be considerate of the health and welfare of others.
• We have modified seating to increase the row spacing to approximately 6 feet apart in the sanctuary.
• We encourage households to sit together and separate each household group or individual by the appropriate physical distancing of at least 6 feet. Please be courteous to create the appropriate spacing between groups of other people. Ushers will help with this process.
• Overflow wings will be open for additional seating.
• We are not requiring masks or gloves to be worn. They are optional for people to make their own decision on whether they want to wear them or not.
• We ask that no one shake hands or hug other people other than your own family. Air high-five people & wave. This is to walk in love toward one another as each of us may have different thresholds of what contact we believe is acceptable.
• All common areas will be sanitized before, in-between, and after each service.
• Only two people in restrooms at a time. All restrooms in the children’s wing and gymnasium will be open for use.
• Hand sanitizer will be available and we encourage using it.
• Staff and volunteers will conduct a self-health assessment before coming onsite. This Assessment will include a temperature check for fever, symptoms check and ask if any contact with a confirmed COVID-19 individual has occurred in the last 14 days.
Please pray for us as we resume in-person services and consider when it will be wise to reopen all Covenant Generations Church ministries. Each week we will evaluate what other ministries to open and will post on our web page, www.covenantgenerations.org, and all social media any announcements from Pastors Scotty and Jamie.
…not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25 NKJV
We are looking forward to seeing you again as we corporately worship our Lord and Savior.
“I got happy when the said to me, Let’s go down to the house of God.” Psalm 122:1